Horse/Pony Pulls – Saturday, August 19
Superintendants: Grant Crowe, Colin Crowe, Jeff Carlisle, Steve Dracup
PONY DRAW: 11:00 sharp
CLASS 9 – Light Pony CLASS 10 – Heavy Pony
Prize Money – 1st $100, 2nd $85, 3rd $75, 4th $65
Hitch Money – $55.00 – To qualify must complete one draw.
$5.00 Entry Fee per person.
1. All exhibitors must be members of the Stirling Agricultural Society.
Membership Dues of $5.00 will be deducted from any prize monies won if not paid prior to the draw.
2. Size Classes: Small Ponies up to and including 48 inches.
Large – Ponies up to and including 56 inches.
3. Loading Rates: Initial Load – Small Class – 2 blocks plus boat
Large Class – 3 blocks plus boat
Load increase approximately 400 lbs. per round
4. Drawing Course: 20 feet wide, clearly marked. Ponies and boat must stay inside
course markings or take draw again (counts as one draw).
5. Drawing Distance: 15 feet in two (2) draws.
6. Starting Point: Boat to be returned to start point for each contestant after first two rounds are completed. All contestants draw in same direction.
7. Time Allowed for Draw: 3 minutes for each draw. Timekeeper to advise judge and contestant each minute elapsed. Failure to hitch in time limit disqualifies team.
8. Breakage: Reasonable time limit allowed for repair, at discretion of judge.
9. Helpers: Teamster allowed 2 helpers, who may not interfere in any way. Teamster and helpers must stay behind the whippletrees.
10. NO EQUIPMENT CHANGES OR ALTERATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE COMPETITION.
Pony Boat Weight – 500 lbs. E ach Block – approx. 400 lb.
Prizes will be awarded for the following
Fergusson Energy Special
Light Pony – Teamster/Team
Heavy Pony – Teamster & Team
(Immediately following the Pony Draw)
CLASS 11 – Light Horse CLASS 12 – Heavy Horse
Prize Money: 1st $175 2nd $165 3rd $155
4th $145 5th $135 6th $125
Hitch Money: $75.00 – To qualify – must complete one draw.
$5.00 Entry Fee per person
All exhibitors must be members of the Stirling Agricultural Society. Membership Dues of $5.00 will be deducted from any prize monies won if not paid prior to the draw.
1. Starting Load: 4000 lbs. Second draw additional 1500 lbs. Each draw after that
will be added approx. 400 lbs.
2. Teams must draw 15 feet and pass between course outline 20 feet apart. If team
goes outside the line, draw is disqualified.
3. Each team is allowed 2 draws. More than 3 minutes between draws disqualifies team.
4. One driver to a team and two helpers are allowed. Any interference by the
helpers, disqualifies the draw.
5. Helpers are not allowed to handle the horses’ heads during the draw.
6. Teamsters are NOT permitted to slash horses with whip end or lines in the ring.
7. Abuse of team by Teamster or helpers during or after draw shall cause immediate disqualification and any winnings shall be forfeited.
8. In any case of breakage, draw must be taken over again. The judges will
determine the time allowed for the drive.
9. Only Judges and helpers allowed in the ring at the time of draw.
10. ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE JUDGES ARE FINAL.
11. Driver and helpers must remain behind the whippletrees.
12. If there are 3 or more teams to a class, there will be Light and Heavy Classes,
otherwise there will be an OPEN CLASS.
Light Team – under 163 inches in girth
Heavy Team – over 163 inches in girth
13. No horse will draw in more than one class and only class they are measured for.
14. NO EQUIPMENT CHANGES OR ALTERATIONS WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE DRAW.
Horse Boat Weight – 500 lbs. E ach Block – approx. 400 lb.
TROPHIES will be presented for the following:
Heavy Horse Champion Light Horse Champion
Best Dressed Team Best Teamster (Heavy Draw)
Best Teamster (Light Draw)
MALCOM McMULLEN MEMORIAL SPECIAL
Donated by Jim McMullen – $ 30
Consideration 60% Teamster & Performance 40% Outfitting