IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BEEF!
Class 25 – Other Beef Breeds
Class 28 – Herford
Sunday August 14, 2022 – 12:00 p.m.
Entry Fee – $5.00 per Entrant (each person/farm)
Prizes – 1st – $40.00, 2nd $35.00, 3rd $30.00, 4th $25.00, 5th $20.00 6th $15.00 7th $10.00
1. THERE MUST BE THREE HERDS IN A CLASS “OR” THE PRIZE MONEY WILL BE CUT IN HALF.
2. All exhibitors must be members of the fair. Membership to admit one person only. All other persons to pay gate admission.
3. Any breed not having separate class status may be considered by the Fair Board for Separate Class status in the future by having a good breed representation in the Other Breed Class. This change will generally be considered after 2 years of good participation. The decision rests solely with the Fair Board.
4. Animal registration: all animals being shown in single classes must be registered as purebred by the closing date of the entries except calves under 6 months of age (which must be properly tattooed) in two-year and mature cow/calf classes. All animals must be legibly tattooed. Calves over 6 months of age must be registered unless bylaws of an association state an animal can not be registered until older.
5. Number of Exhibits Per Breeding Unit. A fair has the authority to increase the number of Exhibits from a breeding unit from 10 to 12 exhibits to allow 4-H calves to be shown in Open Classes by 4-H members. Such additional exhibits will not be eligible to compete in Breeder’s Herd Class. Each Pen Class Entry shall be counted as one exhibit regardless of the number of animals in the entry. All exhibits must be owned by and register as Purebred in the name of the exhibitor.
NOTE: Exceptions in Breeder’s Herd Classes. There is no restriction on multiple exhibits in any classes excluding the Breeder’s Herd.
6. Departure time: Animals must remain on grounds until 400 p.m. day of show.
7. In the event of a dispute, the 1993 Livestock Classification will be used as the deciding rule.
8. No animals will be allowed to compete in more than one class or section except for BEST PEN – OR – SPECIAL
9. ALL ANIMALS MUST BE TAGGED WITH A OFFICIAL CCIA ID TAG.
Section 1. Bull calf born on or after January 1, 2022, minimum of 3 months of age on day of judging.
Section 2. Bull – yearling born April 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Section 3. Bull – yearling born January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021
Section 4. CHAMPION BULL – Ribbon only.
Section 5 Supreme Champion Bull
Section 5. Female-calf born on or after January 1, 2022, minimum of 3 months of age on day of judging.
Section 6. Female – heifer born April 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Section 7. Female – heifer born January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021
Section 8. Female – born January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019 with her own 2022 natural Purebred and tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in Section 11 Breeder’s Herd only.
Section 9. Mature Cow-born prior to 2018 with her own 2021 natural purebred tattooed calf at foot. Female and calf shall be shown as a unit except that the calf is eligible to be shown as a single animal in Section 11 Breeder’s Herd only.
Section 10. CHAMPION FEMALE – Ribbon only.
Section 11. Breeder’s Herd – a group of 4 animals bred by the exhibitor, both sexes represented; Must be exhibited in one of classes 1 -11. At least on animal must be owned by the exhibitor. Limited to one exhibit per exhibitor.
Section 12. SUPREME CHAMPION FEMALE OF ALL BREEDS.
Section 13. Get a Sire
Section 14. Progeny of Dam